All members are required to deposit their personal belonging at the property counter at their own risk. The library is not responsible for any loss or damage to the same. Taking a briefcase or bag inside the library is strictly forbidden. Users should let the security, check their personal belongings like books, files, etc. before they leave the library premises.
Care of Library Materials
Library resources such as books, journals, and electronic materials, etc. are costly and are often rare. They are for the benefit of not only the present but also for the future members of the library. Therefore, one should not write upon, damage, turn down the leaves or mark on any library materials. Tracing or copying of any is prohibited by copyright policy and users shall be solely responsible for any violations. Before leaving the circulation desk, member should satisfy themselves as to whether the library material lent to them is in sound condition. If not, they should immediately bring the matter to the knowledge of the library staff at the circulation desk; otherwise, they are liable to be held responsible for replacing the material or paying such compensation as fixed by the library.
All those who leave the institute must obtain a “Clearance” certificate from the Librarian, in order to ensure that they owe no dues to the library and surrender their membership to the library.
Dos and Don’ts
- Use of mobile phones inside the library is strictly prohibited.
- Smoking is prohibited in and around the library.
- No refreshments or foodstuff of any kind shall be consumed anywhere inside the library.
- Library is a place of individual study and research, members should maintain an atmosphere of peace and silence within the library premises.
- Suggestions and recommendations to procure resources and improving library services are welcome.
- Members should update their contact details and address change to the library.
- The librarian has the authority to with-held the membership and refuses admission to anyone who violates the rules and regulations of the library or indulges in any other type of misconduct.
- Members should not sub lend the materials borrowed from the library.
- Materials that are issued should be produced for security to check.
- Library materials should be handled with utmost care. Nobody should write, damage and make any mark on any kind of library materials